PORT OF SALE HERITAGE CRUISES
The Rubeena was registered on the 4th of April 1912 in Lakes Entrance.
The Rubeena was registered on the 4th of April 1912 by Coates Brothers. It has been in continuous service since that date.
The Rubeena was renamed in 1937 to the "Bellbird" when purchased by Peel Cruises and renamed to Rubeena in 1970 By the Whadcotes.
We purchased the Rubeena in May 2013 and was relocated to her forever home at the Port of Sale.
CLIMB ABOARD AND TAKE A TRIP THROUGH HISTORY.
Learn about the history of the first European settlers and the local Gunnai Kurnai people. Click on our virtual tour to get a taste of what a trip on the Rubeena is like.
THE PORT OF SALE
The Port of Sale was completed in 1890 connecting Sale to the ocean.
The Port allowed ships of up to 200 ton and 12 feet draft to complete the 105 km journey to the Port from the Ocean.
RELAX & ENJOY.
Enjoy a relaxing trip down the thompson river to the historical sale swing bridge. Travel back in time and cruise the waterways as it was in days gone by.
THE HISTORICAL SWING BRIDGE
The original bridge was a low level bridge completed in 1854.
The original bridge was replaced by the Swing Bridge in 1883. For 30 years The Latrobe Wharf was the access to the Gippsland Gold Fields.
The Swing Bridge is the longest swing bridge ever made that opened manually by a person.